Hi, the new version 3.0.3 of PDFsam Basic is out! We finally added the .deb archive for Linux distributions, drag and drop of rows in the merge task selection table so you can now easily sort rows, added an option to discard bookmarks in split tasks and one to add the file name in the footer of the merged document pages. ToC generated for the merge task now has the same page size as the merged documents. Last but not least we upgraded SAMBox and Sejda so there are many fixes on the underlying PDF engine.
You can get it from here
We just released PDFsam Visual 1.0.1 with the first round of bug fixes and some of your suggestions implemented.
Get it here
We made it! We finally managed to release the first version of PDFsam Visual. Among the other modules you will have Crop, Combine and Reorder, Rotate, Extract and the Split by text that allows to split a document when a piece of text changes (invoice number, employee number etc).
Give it a try and let us know if you have any issue or feedback.
We just released the new version 3.0.1 where you can ind a new merge bookmarks policy to create one entry for each merged document and add the document bookmarks tree to that entry. Improved notifications, some error message and tooltip/hint systems. Fixed few bugs in the UI and in the PDF engine. Updated translations.
Here is the list of what has changed.
You can find all the available bundles in the download section.
PDFsam v3 is finally out! Few bug fixes, new website, new MSI for Windows and DMG for MacOS. This is the first stable release where everything that was in version 2.x has been rewritten and hopefully everything is better. As I said before this release doesn’t include visual modules, we are currently working on them (the old ones and many new ones) and we are also working on a new application that will include them.
As you can see PDFsam Enhanced is now our commercial offer, a flexible and powerful fully fledged PDF editor the we provide in partnership with Lulu Software and that will be the commercial companion supporting the free and open source PDFsam Basic.
I just released the first milestone for PDFsam v3. The workspace missing feature has been implemented together with few bug fixes and some useful user suggestions. Platform specific installers are still missing but you can test it anyway, just unzip the bundle and run it using the provided script in the bin subdirectory. Feel free to report any issue here and remember, it requires Java 8.
I just released PDFsam 2.2.4 where PDF rotate is fixed and works again. Please let me know if there is any issue with it.
I had few unpublished changes on PDFsam 2.x so I decided to publish a new release. This is probably going to be the last 2.x release since v3 is getting closer and closer.
Let me know if there is any issue with it.
we just released the new Sejda version. It’s probably the latest milestone before we go GA and most likely the version that will be included in PDFsam v3. It’s a chance for those of you using the command line interface (either the pdfsam-console or the sejda-console) to upgrade and test the latest features/fixes. We improved the prefix functionality and enriched the directory input for the pdf merge task with a regex to match pdf documents name.
For those of you using a Debian based Linux distribution (like Ubuntu) and willing to split and merge pdf documents form command line, we created a .deb package for the sejda-console, it can be downloaded from the project page here.
I finally found some time to release the new version of PDFsam. I want to apologize for the long delay but, as some of you may know, I worked hard on another project (Sejda) in the past year and PDFsam was left a bit behind. Release 3 is not coming out any time soon so I decided to release version 2.2.2 with fixes to some of the most annoying bugs. Among the others:
- Windows msi installation package supporting silent installation
- New pdfsam-starter.exe and finally no more “javaw.exe not found” error message
- Confirmation sounds are now working on Java 7
- No more “invisible GUI” and crappy “delete gui-config.xml” workaround
- Upgraded thumbnails generation libraries and langpack
As usual the new version can be downloaded here.
Please report back if you find any issue.