This policy is provided to explain what information we collect when you visit our website or when you use our services, how we use it and the choices you can make about it. For your convenience we make this page accessible from every page of our website.
These definitions should help you understand this policy.
- "We" or "Us" refers to Sober Lemur S.a.s. di Vacondio Andrea
- “You” or “your” refers to the individual who uses our Website, Downloadable product, and services, or engages with us directly by email
- "Website" refers to pdfsam.org or any related subdomain
- "Downloadable product" or "Desktop application" refers to software products that can be downloaded from our Website
Information we collect
When you purchase a Downloadable product license, we collect information to process your payment and for accounting purposes. This information may include but it's not limited to:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Company name
When you contact us with a support request or other customer service requests, we maintain support tickets and other records related to the requests, including any information you provided related to such requests. We use these information to provide you with proper support and fulfill your request.
When using our Downloadable products, they may communicate with our servers for licensing purpose, updates checking and news checking and we may collect information about the device and the product used, including but not limited to:
- Type of device
- Application version
- Operating system
- MAC address
Desktop application error reporting
When one of our Downloadable products encounters an error, a troubleshooting report may be automatically sent to our server and we may collect information about the error, including but not limited to:
- Type of device
- Details about the failed operation
- Operating system
- Available RAM
We use these information to fix software defects and improve our products. We use third-party service providers to manage troubleshooting reports. These third parties are governed by their own Privacy Policies (Help Scout, Lulu and Sejda).
“Automatically Collected" Information
When you browse our Website we may, directly or through our third party partners, automatically collect certain information about your visit for statistical purposes, by using various types of technology, including cookies, "clear gifs" or "web beacons". The information we automatically collect may include but are not limited to:
- IP address
- Date, time and duration of your visit
- Browser and/or device type
- Operating system
You can opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to our Website by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
How we use the collected information
We use the information that we collect to operate our business and provide our services, send you marketing communications, respond to your requests, improve our Downloadable products and Website.
How we share the collected information
Third party services
We work with third party service provides who provide hosting, maintenance, issue tracker, help ticket system, billing platform and other services for us. These third parties may have access and/or process your information as part of providing those services for us.
We will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement
- Protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity
- Investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations
- Protect the security or integrity of our Website and Desktop applications and any facilities or equipment used to make them available
- Enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others
Change of Ownership
We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Information we collected about you may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. We will notify you via a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The collected information may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which we or our subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your home country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world where data protection and laws governing data collection may be different from those in your home country.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss and any other unlawful form of processing. This includes, for example, password protection and other access and authentication controls and SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet. However, you acknowledge that no environment is completely secure or error-free, and that these processes, systems, and technologies utilized and maintained are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, we will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
Do Not Track
The term do-not-track refers to a feature certain web browsers offer to request that websites refrain from tracking the user. We take no action in response to do-not-track requests.
Subject to applicable law, you may have rights available to you in respect of your personal data, including:
- Request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Rectify your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete
- Delete your personal data. We may retain your personal data if it is required to comply with legal obligation, for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we in good faith believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so
- Change your preference and opt out of receiving certain marketing communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link included on the bottom of all such communications, or by contacting us
We don't knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to modify or delete any personal information we hold, if you have any concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, the data controller you should contact is Sober Lemur S.a.s. di Vacondio Andrea.
- by email at [email protected]
- by mail at Sober Lemur S.a.s. di Vacondio Andrea, via Enrico Fermi 28, 42021, Bibbiano (Reggio Emilia), Italy