End User’s Software License AgreementLast modified: 1st January 2023
The software that is subject to this End User’s Software License Agreement (“EULA”, “Agreement”) is the PDFsam Visual software (the “Software”). This EULA is a legally binding agreement between the end user (the “Licensee” or “you”) and Sober Lemur S.r.l. (the “Licensor”) pursuant to which the Licensor licenses the use of the Software to the Licensee. If you are agreeing to this EULA not as an individual but on behalf of your company, then “Licensee” or “you” means your company, and you are binding your company to this EULA.
Any installing, accessing, or using the Software by you (the “Licensee”) constitutes Licensee’s acceptance of, and promise to comply with, all of the terms and conditions of this EULA.
The Software must be activated with a license key in order to operate after a trial period of two weeks after installation. The procedure to acquire a license key is described in section “Activation”.
The Licensee is solely responsible for installation and usage of the software. The documentation will provide recommended requirements for the hardware and software environment. Licensee shall be solely responsible for all expenses incurred in Licensee’s installation and use of the Software.
You may use the Software for a limited trial period of two weeks at no charge for the purpose of evaluating if the Software is right for you. After this period the Software may offer only limited functionality or may not operate at all.
The Software must be activated after a trial period of two weeks after installation in order to access some or all of its functionalities after this period. To complete activation after the trial period you must acquire a license key from the Licensor. Upon receipt of payment of the applicable fees, a license key will be delivered as described in section “Delivery”. If Licensee has any problem with the activation process, Licensee should contact the customer support at [email protected]org.
A license key can be acquired as a perpetual license or subject to a subscription.
- A perpetual license key gives the Licensee the right to use the Software perpetually under the terms of this agreement, provided the applicable license fees have been paid.
- A subscription provides Licensee a time-limited license key to use the Software under the terms of this agreement and requires the Licensee to pay a monthly or annual fee. Upon expiration of the subscription, the agreement terminates automatically in the event that Licensee fails to pay the applicable renewal fees. License fees will be automatically collected until the subscription is cancelled or terminated. The Licensor or Licensee may cancel or terminate the subscription at any time. Any cancellation will only cancel future billings and takes place from the next billing cycle, Licensee will not be entitled to any credit or refund for amounts accrued or paid prior to such termination.
If you already have paid for a Software license key, you may, within fourteen (14) days of such purchase, uninstall and permanently delete all copies of the Software and send to the Licensor a written and signed certification that you have either not installed the Software, that you do not accept this Agreement, and that you have permanently uninstalled, deleted and destroyed any downloaded or other copies of the Software and related documentation. The Licensor will then provide a full refund of the purchase price and will disable the license key that allowed the Software to operate.
Other than as expressly set forth in Refund section, all amounts are non-refundable, non-cancelable and non-creditable. In making payments, you acknowledge that you are not relying on future availability of the Software beyond the current agreed EULA or any Software upgrades or feature enhancements.
Licensor will deliver the applicable license key or login instructions to the email address specified in the Licensee order, upon receipt of payment of the applicable fees. All deliveries under this EULA will be electronic. For the avoidance of doubt, you are responsible for installation of the Software, and you acknowledge that the Licensor has no further delivery obligation with respect to the Software after delivery of the license keys.
Licensee may not sell, assign, or transfer the Software or the License granted by this EULA without prior written consent of the Licensor.
It is expressly forbidden to:
- Reverse engineer the source code of the Software or to decompile the Software, except to the extent permitted by mandatory law or applicable open source license;
- Share your license key(s) or use someone else’s license key(s);
- Sublicense the Software or otherwise make available the Software to third parties, including by rental, Software-as-a-Service models or otherwise;
- Modify the Software, except to the extent permitted by mandatory law;
- Remove or obscure copyright or trademark notices, or the copyright and trademark notices of third parties that have been included in the Software;
- Use the Software in any manner that is not authorized by this EULA, violates intellectual property rights, results in copyright infringements or is illegal;
If you are agreeing to this EULA as an individual, you may install and activate the Software on up to two (2) compatible personal computers or workstations of which you are the primary user thereby allowing you to switch from one computer to the other as necessary provided that only one (1) instance of the Software will be used by you at any given time.
If you are agreeing to this EULA not as an individual but on behalf of an entity, you may install and activate the Software on a number of personal computers or workstations up to the number of license keys (or seats on a single volume license key) you purchased. For the avoidance of doubt, if you purchased five (5) license keys (or 5 seats on a single volume license key), you may install and activate the Software on five (5) workstations.
Concurrent Use in a Virtualization Environment
If you are agreeing to this EULA not as an individual but on behalf of an entity, you may install a copy of the Software on an hardware partition, terminal server (collectively “Virtualization Environment”, including without limitation, by means of VMware, Citrix or in any other virtualization environment) within your internal network for the sole and exclusive purpose of permitting individual users within your organization to access and use the Software through the Virtualization Environment from another workstation, provided that the number of users accessing or using the Software does not exceed the number of purchased license keys (or seats on a single volume license key). For the avoidance of doubt, if you purchased five (5) license keys (or 5 seats on a single volume license key), you may have at most five (5) users accessing or using the Software in the Virtualization Environment.
Intellectual Property Ownership
The Software and any authorized copies that Licensee makes are the intellectual property of, and are owned by, the Licensor, and by third parties whose intellectual property has been licensed by the Licensor. The structure, organization, and code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of the Licensor and such third parties. The Software is protected by law, including without limitation, the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and by international treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided in this EULA, Licensee is not granted any intellectual property rights in the Software. Licensee may not make or publish any public statement concerning the Software or the Licensor without the prior express written consent of the Licensor.
Third Party Components
The Software may use or include certain software, files, components and materials that are subject to open source and/or third party license terms. These Third Party Components are licensed to you under the terms of their applicable open source license conditions and/or copyright notices that can be found in their license file, the Software or its documentation. If there is a conflict between the licensing terms of such Third Party Components and this EULA, the licensing terms of the Third Party Components shall prevail in connection with the related Third Party Components. Such Third Party Components are provided on an “AS IS” basis without any warranty of any kind and shall be subject to any and all limitations and conditions required by its third party licensors. Under no circumstances shall the Software or any portion thereof (except for the Third Party Components) be deemed to be “open source” or “publicly available” software.
The Software may require an internet connection to access services, authenticate the Software, or perform other functions. In order for certain features of the Software to operate properly, you may be required to have and maintain an adequate internet connection.
- Automatic News Updates. The Software communicates with the Licensor servers to determine whether there are any new notices to be displayed, for example about a new version being available. This feature may not be disabled. If you do not want to receive new notices, you must uninstall the Software.
The Licensor from time to time releases updates that address bugs or improve the functioning of
the Software but he is not obliged to.
Newer versions of the the Software may require purchasing a new license. The Licensor might make small updates or patches to older versions available for free, but he is not obliged to.
The Software will alert you to any available updates. This requires an active internet connection. Installation of updates is performed only with your separate consent. No liability is accepted for any damage caused by bugs addressed in an update not installed by you.
Licensee represents and warrants that Licensee owns all rights, title and interest in and to all content and files processed with the Software. Licensor does not claim any ownership right to the Licensee content.
- Licensor will not be liable for any error, failure or damage caused by files or content processed or resulting from a processing performed by the Software.
- Licensee is solely responsible for validating the correctness of the files or content processed or resulting from a processing performed by the Software.
The Licensor shall provide the Licensee with a reasonable level of support through its website and/or e-mail. The Licensor however does not guarantee that all requests for support or bug reports are taken into consideration.
This Agreement remains in force until terminated.
If Licensee breaches this EULA, and fails to cure any breach within 14 calendar days after request from the Licensor, or the Licensor authorized representative, the Licensor may terminate this EULA, whereupon all rights granted to Licensee shall immediately cease.
The Agreement may be terminated by the Licensee at any time by providing 14 calendar days notice. This Agreement terminates automatically and immediately in case you enter into bankruptcy, apply for a suspension of payments, your assets are seized, you pass away, or in case you enter into liquidation, legal dissolution or winding-up.
This Agreement terminates immediately if Licensee attempts to circumvent technical protection measures used in connection with the Software.
After termination of the agreement (regardless of reason) you must cease all use of the Software. In addition you must remove all copies (including backup copies) of the Software from all computer systems under your control.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
The Software is provided to Licensee “AS IS.” The Licensor, and the Licensor suppliers or affiliates, make no warranty as to its use or performance. The Licensor, AND the Licensor AFFILIATES, MAKE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR TERMS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE, OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, INTEGRATION, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT FOR, AND TO THE EXTENT, THAT A WARRANTY MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN LICENSEE’S JURISDICTION.
IN NO EVENT WILL the Licensor, OR the Licensor AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, OR COSTS WHATSOEVER, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A REPRESENTATIVE OF the Licensor OR ONE OF the Licensor AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, OR COSTS, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN LICENSEE’S JURISDICTION. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF The Licensor, AND the Licensor AFFILIATES, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS EULA, SHALL BE LIMITED (AT OUR OPTION) TO 100 EUR OR THE AMOUNT OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PAID DURING THEen CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD FOR THE Software, IF ANY.
Licensee will indemnify and hold Licensor harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees on a solicitor-client or extrajudicial basis) arising from or relating to Licensee’s use of the Software. Licensee's obligations under this section shall survive the expiration or termination of this License Agreement.
Survival of Disclaimers
The exclusions of warranties, indemnification obligations and liability limitations shall survive the termination of this EULA, however caused; but this survival shall not imply or create any continued right to use the Software after termination of this EULA.
This EULA is subject to, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws in force of the country of Italy whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising hereunder.
Sober Lemur S.r.l. is a Company having its principal place of business at Via Enrico Fermi n. 28, Bibbiano (Reggio Emilia), 42021, Italy, VAT: IT02771170350
If any provision of this EULA is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining provisions of this EULA will remain in full force and effect.
Proof of Compliance
Within 14 calendar days after request from the Licensor, or the Licensor authorized representative, Licensee will provide full documentation, and certify under penalty of perjury, that Licensee’s use of any and all Software is in conformity with this EULA.
- The Licensor reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensee by this EULA. The rights granted to Licensee are limited to the Licensor intellectual property rights, and to the intellectual property rights of third parties licensed by the Licensor, and do not include any intellectual property rights.
- This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the Licensee and the Licensor relating to the Software, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous representations, discussions, undertakings, communications, agreements, arrangements, advertisements, and understandings regulating to the Software.
- No failure or delay by the Licensor in exercising its rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver unless made by specific written notice. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy of the Licensor shall operate as a waiver or preclude any other, or further, exercise of that, or any other right, or remedy.
- Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, please contact the Licensor at [email protected]